Winning winter recipe: Korean Beef
We asked the BlueBoost Facebook community to share their winning winter warmer recipes and were blown away by the amazing meals shared! The one we were most impressed with was Andrea Carlyle’s Slow Cooker Korean Beef Recipe, containing beef chuck, which has more health benefits that you might realise.
Try Andrea’s yummy recipe which is packed with veggies and beef chuck, a rich cut which has several health benefits when slow cooked such a releasing gut-healing collagen. The beef is cooked over several hours, meaning nutrients and minerals, as well as collagen, is released from the bones, similar to what happens with Bone Broth.
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 08:00
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced in a garlic press (or finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 kg beef chuck
- 1In a large bowl, mix together beef stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger and garlic
- 2Brown beef chuck briefly in a frying pan and transfer into your slow cooker. Pour in your liquid mixture and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours
- 3 When cooked with two forks break up the meat – if you need to, thicken the sauce using some corn flour. Andrea was able to divide this into two portions one served on the night and one frozen for another night.
- 4I served this with basmati rice mixed with green peas.