Tasty and Nutritious Tabbouleh Salad
There’s nothing better than a tasty and nutritious tabbouleh salad to go with those lazy Saturday afternoon lunches with friends.
With the warm weather we’ve continued to have (she said with crossed fingers hoping for rainy days), light and fresh is always a popular dish to add to any great lunch spread and my take on the classic tabbouleh will certainly not disappoint the hungry hoards.
Keep it classic with bulgur wheat, or give it a superfood twist by switching to quinoa. Either way, this tabbouleh is delicious and nutritious, even for a lunch of one.
In fact, excuse me while I dash to the kitchen to whip up a bowl for myself!
Main Image Credit: Lara Holmes
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:10
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Servings: 1
- 1/2 cup bulgar wheat (substitute for Quinoa if desired)
- 1 whole tomato, diced
- Half a large cucumber, shaved with a potato peeler
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 handful of mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 wheel of feta
- 2 tsp plain full cream yoghurt
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 lemon squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1To a saucepan, add the bulgar wheat and cover with a cup of water.
- 2Bring to the boil, switch off stove and place the lid on
- 3Let it stand until all the water has been absorbed by the bulgar wheat
- 4Add the sunflower seeds to a frying pan and toast on a medium heat until browned
- 5Add all the ingredients to a medium sized bowl (unless you're increasing quantities for afformentioned hoards) and mix well.