Roasted Blueberry, Almond Butter & Dark Choccie Cups
These bite-sized treats are pretty much the epitome of deliciousness – sweet, creamy and chocolatey.
The roasted blueberries add a wonderful fruity aspect, as well as a good nutritional punch. Combine it with the protein from almonds and the antioxidants from dark chocolate and we have a sweet treat that is pretty much a nutritional powerhouse whilst still remaining utterly decadent.
Best of all – these are ready is less than an hour and can last in the fridge/freezer for a couple of weeks. That is if you don’t finish them before.
You can make these in any size cupcake liners – small ones work really well too! Also, then you might not eat an entire chocolate cup at once and they might last you for longer.
I was smitten by these from the first bite – I’m sure you will be too!
- Preparation Time: 00:30
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Servings: 8
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup natural (unsweetened/salted) almond butter
- 170g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2In a medium-sized bowl, combine the blueberries, honey and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 3Place in a single layer on an oven-tray and roast for 10-15 minutes, until the blueberries have released some of their juices.
- 4Remove from over and let cool at room temperature.
- 5While the blueberries are roasting, melt the chocolate in a tight-fitting bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- 6When the chocolate is melted, place a tablespoon of it into a cupcake liner and swirl it around to coat the sides about 2-3 cm high. Repeat with the rest of the liners and place in the freezer to solidify for 15-30 minutes.
- 7When the chocolate has solidified, place a teaspoon of almond butter in each and top with a tablespoon of roasted blueberries and their juices.
- 8Top with a tablespoon of melted chocolate (if it has solidified then place in back over boiling water, slowly heat it up again).
- 9Place the cups in the freezer for 30 minutes or until solidified. Keep in the fridge or freezer.