Healthy Bounty Bars
Take it from us! This healthy take on the good old fashioned bounty bar is a winner!
Packed with all the goodness of nourishing coconut fats, antioxidants of raw cacao and ALL the taste of a bounty bar, it’s the perfect on-the-go, better-for-you snack to give you the boost you need, (or for when you’re just craving something sweet).
If you like this recipe, then you’ll love our Dairy-free blueberry ice cream!
***This recipe originally appeared on taste.com.au
- 85g (3/4 cup) almond flour, lightly toasted
- 65g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Large pinch of sea salt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons solidified coconut oil
- 260g (4 cups) shredded coconut
- 160ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 60g (1/4 cup) solidified coconut oil
- 1Grease the base and sides of a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the long sides of the pan.
- 2Process the almond flour, coconut, coconut flour, cacao, salt, maple syrup and oil until a sticky mixture comes together. Transfer to the prepared pan and use a spatula or straight-sided glass to smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3For the coconut filling, place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process, scraping down the side occasionally, until smooth and combined. Spread over chilled base and use a spatula to smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4For the topping, place all the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour over the coconut filling. Smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- 5Remove the slice from pan and use a sharp knife to cut it into 18 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.