Chicken on Pesto Zucchini Noodles
This is truly a Thursday night staple in my home. It is absolutely delicious.
I bought a spiralizer, which has saved me some money, and my advice is to try and buy the biggest zucchini’s that you can find – as this makes spiralizing easier! Enjoy this firm KLD favourite!
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:15
- Cuisine: Healhy Italian
- Servings: 2
- 1 punnet free range chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 packet of zucchini noodles OR 3 big zucchini – to spiralize at home
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 punnet button mushrooms
- ½ an onion
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 ½ tsp basil pesto
- 2 tbs oilive oil
- 1tsp garlic, crushed
- Shaved parmesan - optional
- 1Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan and sauté the onion, cherry tomatoes and corn kernels – then remove from the pan
- 2Add the sliced button mushrooms to the pan and sauté in 1 tsp crushed garlic –then remove from the pan
- 3Add the rest of the olive oil and sauté the chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked
- 4Once the chicken is cooked, add the sautéed onions, tomatoes, corn and mushrooms all into the pan and mix
- 5Cook your zucchini noodles in the microwave for 3 minutes, drain the water and then add the pesto to the noodles – mix well!
- 6Add the chicken mixture to the noodles and mix well
- 7Serve with salt and pepper and fresh chili (and some shaved parmesan if you like)