Blueberry, Maple & Cinnamon Rolls
Nobody can resist the smell of warm cinnamon rolls that fills the kitchen as these are baking in the oven.
Only this time they are veganized and healthified, whilst still remaining completely and utterly delicious. These soft, sticky buns are dotted with fresh blueberries that not only enrich the dough with nutrients but also turn into jammy little pockets as they bake. Everyone’s favourite cinnamon buns with a blueberry twist, what’s there not to like?
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: bakery
- Servings: 8
- 150ml almond milk, lukewarm
- 1 tsp white/light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 5 g instant dry yeast (2 tsp)
- 15 ml coconut oil, + more for brushing
- 175 g unbleached cake flour, more for dusting
- 3 heaped tbsps of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 70 g blueberries
- 85 gr icing sugar
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk
- 1In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, ground cardamom, coconut oil and yeast. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- 2Add the flour bit by bit until the dough comes together, then turn out on a floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and the springs back.
- 3Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- 4In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- 5When the dough is ready, take it out of the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle, approximately 30 cm by 30 cm.
- 6Brush the dough with coconut oil, then spread the sugar-maple-cinnamon mixture over it.
- 7Dot the dough with blueberries, roll up tightly and the cut into equal-sized rolls, about 5 cm thick.
- 8Place the rolls in an oiled baking dish or separately on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- 9Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then coat with a mixture of almond milk and icing sugar.
- 10Serve warm. Enjoy!