Nutritious and Delicious Blueberry Biscuits
These biscuits are meant to be slightly soft. They are best served with a cup of tea 🙂
You won’t believe that these fibre-rich oat cookies don’t have any sugar in them! Naturally sweetened with banana, blueberries and packed full of goodness from the oat-bran and rolled oats. This truly is an example that healthy can be yummy!
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: Snack
- Servings: 6
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp oat bran (or grind oats in a blender to make oat bran)
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh BLUEBOOST blueberries
- 1Set the oven to 180°C
- 2In a small bowl mash the banana and add the vanilla and cinnamon – mix well.
- 3In a separate mixing bowl add the oat bran, rolled oats, crushed walnuts and coconut oil – mix well
- 4Now add the banana mix to the mixing bowl and mix well
- 5Once mixed, fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- 6On a baking tray scoop out the mixture with a heaped tablespoon and flatten the top a little – making nice sized biscuits
- 7Cook for 30-35min, or slightly longer – until they turn golden brown on top.